So where did spring go? So far, April showers have carried over into May, leaving us with a cool, wet weekend that may throw a damper on some outdoor plans. Friday, the National Weather Service issued a flood watch for Hall and surrounding counties. About a tenth of an inch of rain was measured by the NWS recording station at Gainesville's Lee Gilmer Memorial Airport. The heavy rains caused creeks and rivers to swell with ...
U.S. House candidates Doug Collins and Martha Zoller exchanged ideas on key issues and debated who was the true "establishment" candidate during a televised forum Thursday night.
Get in your weekend fun today because rain may make a return by Sunday. Forecasters are calling for sunny skies and warm temperatures today with temperatures reaching the mid-80s, with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms by evening. Those storms may carry over into Sunday with clouds, temperatures in the mid- to upper-70s and a 60 percent chance of rain through Monday. Nate Mays with the National Weather Service office in Peachtree City ...
Baseball and food have always been a team. When you first walked into a ballpark as a kid, the aroma of hot dogs, popcorn, nachos and other savory delights became one with the sport. Dad's wallet would gradually get thinner as nine innings' worth of peanuts, Cracker Jack and cotton candy ruined your appetite for dinner. So it was only a matter of time before someone created a baseball-themed cookbook. That was Julie Loria, whose ...
Saying "the conclusion was clear from the evidence," Hall County District Attorney Lee Darragh has cleared two Hall County sheriff's deputies of any wrongdoing in a fatal shooting July 11 at Harbour Point subdivision.
An East Hall County church first built in 1875 had much of its structure destroyed by a fire late Friday night.
As the arrival of summer sends college graduates and teens flowing into the local job market, Hall County's employment picture continues to brighten.
A second Georgian has joined what is likely to be a crowded field seeking the Republican nomination for president in 2012.
This weekend's Georgia Mountain BirdFest is shaping up to be the Woodstock of bird watching.
To drive past the unassuming, single-story building on Maple Street, one would never guess the Piedmont Hotel once was the high-society hub of Gainesville more than a century ago.
Bill Evans, a former Hall County commissioner who served only a few months on the board after a recall election in the 1970s, died Saturday.
Scott Crocker is the director of "Ghost Bird," the documentary focused on the search for the elusive and believed-to-be-extinct ivory-billed woodpecker in the wilds of eastern Arkansas. He spoke by phone last week with The Times' Keith Albertson about the film, which is being screened at 7 p.m. Thursday at Elachee Nature Science Center in Gainesville.
Picture this film concept: A group of adventure seekers tromp off into the wilderness near a small town in search of a mythical creature many claim to have seen or heard, its sounds echoing through the forest sight unseen.
We all know about pollen in the spring, that season of yellow clouds of anguish for allergy sufferers.
The next step in the use of technology in the voting process is making its way through the state legislature.