View Mobile Site

Family displaced after house fire

POSTED: May 5, 2014 12:02 a.m.

Two adults and one child are staying with friends until repairs can be made to their home following an early Sunday morning fire.

Gainesville fire units responded to the 2100 block of Luna Lane around 1:15 a.m. Sunday. The residents reported they had returned home to find a fire in their living room, which they extinguished.

Firefighters then located and extinguished fire inside the wall of the home.

No information is available about the cause of the fire but Capt. Keith Smith, spokesman for the city fire department, estimated the damages to be around $3,000.

City firefighters also responded to a fence fire behind Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen on Jesse Jewell Parkway Sunday afternoon; there was no damage from that fire. Smith speculated the cause was a discarded cigarette.


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2010 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...