View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

Fire damages home on Tulip Drive

POSTED: April 10, 2014 11:31 p.m.

A fire caused by unattended cooking damaged a home in the 1800 block of Tulip Drive in Gainesville, but the occupants got out without injury, authorities said.

Firefighters arriving to an 8:45 p.m. call found a 1,000-square-foot structure with heavy fire in the kitchen area.

Fire crews were able to keep the fire damage to the kitchen, with smoke damage to the rest of the home, Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said.

An occupant was cooking and left food unattended until it ignited, Cagle said.

The structure and contents were valued at $50,000, and damage was estimated at $30,000, he said.



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2014 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...