View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

Man suffers injury after returning to burning building

POSTED: February 13, 2014 4:12 p.m.

A man suffered smoke inhalation Wednesday after going back inside a burning shop to help a family member who was on his way out, Hall County firefighters said.

The blaze happened about 4:30 p.m. in the 5000 block of Bennett Road off Hog Mountain Road, according to Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle. When firefighters arrived, the 2,000-square-foot structure was about 60 percent involved.

“It was a personal shop,” Cagle said. “Somebody built a building behind their house. They were working on a car and heard some type of popping behind the vehicle.”

The man was taken to Northeast Georgia Medical Center for observation. There is no estimate of the dollar loss yet, Cagle said.

“Everything right now is thought to be accidental,” Cagle said, although the investigation is ongoing.

“They had a wood-burning stove and extension cords, so we’ll definitely be looking at that,” he added.



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2010 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...