View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

Discarded ashes caused Monday's house fire in South Hall

POSTED: January 10, 2014 10:10 p.m.

Monday’s house fire that destroyed a home in Flowery Branch has been deemed accidental, Hall County Fire Services reported Friday.

The fire at the 2,500-square-foot home in the 5000 block of Loving Road off Old Orr Road was caused by discarded ashes from the owners’ fireplace, Hall Fire Marshal Capt. Scott Cagle said in a news release.

The owner cleaned out the fireplace that morning and set the discarded in front of the porch, Cagle said. Monday’s winds were blowing 20 mph with gust higher.

No one was hurt in the blaze, and the residents’ two cats were rescued from the basement.



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2014 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...