View Mobile Site


No one hurt when fire destroys East Hall mobile home

POSTED: November 12, 2013 9:02 a.m.

Residents in East Hall County were displaced by an overnight fire that destroyed their mobile home.

Hall County Fire Services crews responded to the blaze just after midnight in the 3700 block of Coker Road.
The mobile home, measuring 12 feet by 50 feet, was 80 percent involved in flames, according to Hall Fire Marshal Capt. Scott Cagle.

The home’s occupants all got out safely without injuries.

The fire appeared to have started in the backyard due to an electrical short caused by an extension cord leading from a junction box to a space heater, Cagle said.

The fire started in leaves and spread to an outbuilding, then to the mobile home. The occupants tried unsuccessfully to douse the fire with a garden hose.

Crews were able to put out the fire, but the mobile home was a total loss.


Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.




Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...