View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

Thursday fire caused by extension cord short

POSTED: November 8, 2013 11:10 p.m.
SHANNON CASAS/The Times

Firefighters work at a house fire Thursday night on Sky Lake Circle in northwest Hall County.

View Larger

A house fire Thursday night on Sky Lake Circle in northwest Hall County was caused by an extension cord shorting out, Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said.

The 5:30 p.m. fire caused about $150,000 in damage to the 2,000-square-foot home in the 2900 block, but no one was injured.

A man at home at the time had to crawl out after a neighbor called him to tell him his house was on fire, according to another neighbor, Shirley Beck.

The resident, who declined to talk about the incident, was asleep when the blaze started, Beck and Cagle said. Beck said the man’s wife “had to come home from work and see her house on fire.”

Cagle said extension cords are meant for temporary use, not everyday use.

 



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2014 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...