View Mobile Site

Fire damages home on Cowpoke Lane

POSTED: September 11, 2013 10:18 p.m.

A smoke alarm awakened a person at a burning home in the 2100 block of Cowpoke Lane on Wednesday night in Gainesville, authorities said.

Firefighters found a 1,500-square-foot structure with heavy smoke showing when they arrived after a 7:50 p.m. call, Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said. Firefighters made an interior attack and very quickly knocked down the flames.

Damage to the home was moderate, Cagle said. The fire appeared to be accidental, seeming to have started in the area of the stove, he said.


The Red Cross is assisting the occupants of the home.


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2010 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...