View Mobile Site

Fire causes damage to McEver Road home

POSTED: June 20, 2013 12:30 a.m.

Unattended cooking appears to be the cause of a fire that damaged a McEver Road home on Wednesday, authorities said.

Firefighters were dispatched to the 5300 block of McEver Road about 6 p.m. after a passer-by reported seeing smoke from the rear of a house, Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said.

Upon arrival, firefighters found smoke coming from the rear of the home. The cause appears to be a grease fire that occurred when cooking was left temporarily unattended, Kimbrell said.

Damage to the kitchen was estimated at $3,000, he said.

The occupants of the home were staying with friends until power could be checked and restored.


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2010 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...