View Mobile Site

Report shows woman died of smoke inhalation

POSTED: April 2, 2013 12:35 a.m.

A preliminary report shows smoke inhalation killed a woman who was pulled from her basement apartment last week during a fire, Hall County Fire Marshal Capt. Scott Cagle said.

Denise Salazar, 48, died shortly after being taken to Northeast Georgia Medical Center on Thursday after the fire in the 1600 block of Lyman Drive.

Cagle said the fire’s cause hasn’t been determined, but that the fire marshal’s office will meet with insurance investigators later this week.

The call came in about 5:38 p.m. and Gainesville firefighters responded first, entering the home, knocking down the fire and finding the victim inside.

The county had not had a fatal fire since 2010, Cagle said.


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2010 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...