View Mobile Site

Blaze that destroys home started in fireplace

Northeast Hall family of eight displaced

POSTED: January 24, 2013 10:30 a.m.

A fire Wednesday afternoon in Northeast Hall County started in a small fireplace, and then ignited the area around it, Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said this morning.

The 1,000-square-foot home in the 7300 block of Echols Road burned to the ground, displacing a family of eight, who is being assisted by the Red Cross, Kimbrell said. He estimated the loss at $100,000.

No one was injured, Kimbrell said.

The call came in about 3 p.m. and the home was 50 percent involved when firefighters arrived. Banks and Habersham authorities also were called to assist with tankers.

 

 


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2010 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...