View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

NATIONAL VIDEO

Blaze that destroys home started in fireplace

Northeast Hall family of eight displaced

POSTED: January 24, 2013 10:30 a.m.

A fire Wednesday afternoon in Northeast Hall County started in a small fireplace, and then ignited the area around it, Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said this morning.

The 1,000-square-foot home in the 7300 block of Echols Road burned to the ground, displacing a family of eight, who is being assisted by the Red Cross, Kimbrell said. He estimated the loss at $100,000.

No one was injured, Kimbrell said.

The call came in about 3 p.m. and the home was 50 percent involved when firefighters arrived. Banks and Habersham authorities also were called to assist with tankers.

 

 



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2015 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...