View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

Child scalded in bath is taken to Grady

POSTED: July 26, 2008 5:00 a.m.

A Flowery Branch woman who heated water on a stove top to give her 10-month-old son a bath Tuesday accidentally scalded the boy, a fire official said.

Hall County Fire Chief David Kimbrell said the child was flown to Grady Memorial Hospital with first- and second-degree burns on 20 percent of his body, mostly his chest.

Kimbrell said the woman, whose name and age were not immediately available, recently had moved into the Tree Park Apartments on Tree Park Circle and did not have gas connected for hot water. To give her child a hot bath, she heated water in a pot on the stove. The woman let the water cool before pouring it on the child while he was in a tub. He screamed and she stopped, eventually calling 911 for his injuries at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Kimbrell said.

The matter is being investigated. Kimbrell said all indications point to an accidental burning.

Kimbrell said such cases are common in child burn wards, though Hall County has been fortunate to not see many similar incidents.



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2014 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...