View Mobile Site


Burn victim released from hospital

POSTED: April 20, 2008 5:02 a.m.

A child who was airlifted to an Atlanta burn unit Monday with second-degree burns from spilled soup has been released from the hospital, an official said.

The 6-year-old boy, who has not been identified, was discharged from Grady Memorial Hospital, Gainesville Fire Chief Jon Canada said Wednesday.

"That’s a good sign," Canada said. He had no further information on the child’s condition, or when he was released.

Officials have not named the child, citing his age and federal health privacy laws.

The boy reportedly stepped into the path of a waitress at the Kiku Japanese Steak and Sushi restaurant on Dawsonville Highway and a tray containing soup spilled, dousing the boy with hot soup on his face, head, neck and chest. Officials said he was burned over 20 percent of his body.

A helicopter landed in the parking lot of nearby Hollywood Cinemas and took the child to the hospital.


Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.




Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...