View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

Child hospitalized after soup burn

POSTED: April 19, 2008 5:00 a.m.

A 6-year-old boy was flown to Grady Memorial Hospital Monday after he was badly burned at a Gainesville restaurant, according to the Gainesville Fire Department. The child received second-degree burns on his face, neck and chest when soup was spilled on him at Kiku Japanese Steak and Sushi on Dawsonville Highway.

At about 5 p.m., witnesses say the child stepped in front of a waitress who was carrying a tray with soup on it. The waitress did not see the child, and the soup spilled on his face when the two collided, said Gainesville Fire Chief Jon Canada.

Because the child received burns on 20 percent of his body, emergency responders decided to fly him to a burn center, Canada said. A helicopter landed in the parking lot of Hollywood Cinemas and took the child to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2014 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...