View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

NATIONAL NEWS VIDEO

Fireplace blaze damages house in White County, but nobody injured

POSTED: January 28, 2009 12:44 a.m.

No one was hurt in a home fire Jan. 20 in White County that started in a fireplace.

White County Fire Department volunteers from three units responded to a fire on Marble Way near Kellum Valley Road at 8 p.m. They found a fire in the home’s living room around the fireplace. The flames had reached the wood beneath the bricks.

Firefighters took three hours to put out the blaze, which caused moderate damage to the home.

The homeowners had a working smoke detector and were able to get out safely.



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2014 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...