View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

Man gets two years for Wal-Mart bomb threat

POSTED: January 22, 2009 5:15 p.m.
A Rabun County man was sentenced to two years in prison today in federal court in Gainesville for phoning a bomb threat to a Wal-Mart store.

Thomas Narron, Sr., 44, of Rebecca pleaded guilty to making threatening communications.

Prosecutors said Narron made several calls to a Wal-Mart store in Rabun County last year, during which he impersonated a federal officer looking for an store employee. Narron then called the same store and said there was a pipe bomb in the parking lot. The store was evacuated but no bomb was found.

The case was investigated by the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Narron, who was sentenced today by U.S. District Court Judge William C. O'Kelley, will undergo three years of supervision following his release from prison and must pay a fine of $1,000.

 




Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2014 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...