View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

Cigarette butts spark fire that gutted duplex

POSTED: January 9, 2009 12:38 a.m.

Two people were hospitalized with what were believed to be minor injuries as the result of a fire that gutted a duplex at 3250 Chestatee Road on Thursday afternoon.

One person had minor smoke inhalation and one had minor first-degree burns. Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said about 70 percent of the brick and wood frame, two-story duplex was in flames when firefighters arrived at about 4 p.m. The road was shut down while firefighters battled the blaze, which was contained within 30 minutes.

The cause of the fire was determined to be discarded cigarette butts in an outdoor flower pot.



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2010 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...