View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

Teenage burn victim taken to Atlanta hospital

POSTED: December 31, 2008 5:00 a.m.

A 15-year-old South Hall boy was taken Monday afternoon to the burn unit at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.

The teenager suffered burns to his face and hands and had a small third-degree burn on his wrist, said Capt. Scott Cagle, fire marshal for Hall County Fire Services.

He was injured just before 2 p.m. Monday during a grease fire at a home off Flowery Way when he apparently tried to carry the pan out of the house.

Cagle advised calling the fire department if a grease fire occurs, then turn off the stove element and put a lid on the container to smother the fire.

"If this can’t be done safely, use the fire extinguisher you should have in your kitchen," he said. "Never put water on a grease fire."

Never try to move the pot or pan. That could spread the fire or burn you in the process, Cagle said.



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2010 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...