View Mobile Site


Hall will keep investigating fire that made house 'unlivable'

Family has insurance, is staying with relatives Wednesday night

POSTED: December 25, 2008 5:00 a.m.

Investigators will return Thursday to the scene of a blaze that damaged 70 percent of a South Hall home Wednesday night.
Capt. Scott Cagle, Hall County’s fire marshal, said firefighters were called to 5551 Amber Cove Way, off Union Church Road, at about 8 p.m. They still were on the scene at 10:15 p.m. Wednesday.
“It’s been a lengthy process,” Cagle said. “The house is unlivable.”
Firefighters arrived to find flames and smoke showing from the 2,000-square-foot home.
The owner, Michael Adams, his wife and three children, escaped without injury, Cagle said. They stayed with family members Wednesday night.
Cagle said the family has insurance, and the insurance company already is making arrangements.
The occupants smelled smoke Wednesday evening and tried to find out where the smell was coming from. A next-door neighbor came over to tell them their house was on fire, Cagle said.


Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.




Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...