View Mobile Site

Take a sneak peek at The Times' new website

August 17th, 2017 08:11 a.m.


West Hall High School briefly evacuated

All-clear given at 11:30 a.m.

POSTED: December 19, 2008 5:00 a.m.

West Hall High School students were evacuated to the school gym this morning after an electrical room failure caused several circuit breakers to trip inside the school, officials said. There was no fire and no injuries, though one girl with a history of anxiety attacks was taken to a local hospital for observation, officials said.

By noon, Hall County fire officials had given an all-clear and students returned to their classes.

Hall County schools spokesman Gordon Higgins said a capacitor in the school's electrical room blew, spreading oil on other electrical breakers that caused them to trip. West Hall Principal Jackie Adams evacuated the students to the school gym around 11 a.m. as a precaution while fire officials investigated.

The school has power, and electricians are working to repair the equipment that failed, Higgins said.



Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.




Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...