View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

NATIONAL NEWS VIDEO

Fire damages auto repair shop

POSTED: November 25, 2008 5:00 a.m.

A South Hall automotive repair shop fire Friday morning caused nearly $1 million in property damage, fire officials said. No one was hurt.

Hall County Fire Marshal Scott Cagle said firefighters received a call to Mountain View Auto Repair at 3355 Mountain View Road at about 3 a.m. Heavy smoke and flames were visible from the 10,000-square-foot metal structure when firefighters arrived, he said.

Firefighters forced their way in through a bay door to fight the blaze, which spread quickly from strong winds.

Five cars inside the garage were destroyed, and several cars outside were damaged, Cagle said.

The shop, owned by Danny Hammock, was insured, Cagle said.

The fire is not believed to be suspicious. Officials believe the fire started in an area near an electric space heater.



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2014 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...