View Mobile Site


TOP RECENT CONTENT

NATIONAL VIDEO

Gainesville apartment fire displaces 4 people

POSTED: August 8, 2014 2:21 a.m.
NAT GURLEY/The Times

Gainesville firefighters knock down a fire Thursday in the 800 block of Jesse Jewell Parkway. The fire was in a small apartment and business complex behind Popeye's restaurant and Iglesia Pentecostes Monte Sinai.

View Larger

An apartment fire Thursday night in Gainesville displaced four people, according to the Gainesville Fire Department.
The fire in the 800 block of Jesse Jewell Parkway was “quickly extinguished” and caused no injuries, said fire department spokesman Keith Smith.

The fire marshal said unattended cooking was the apparent cause of the fire, and damage was estimated at $8,000.
Red Cross was notified to assist the displaced people, Smith said.

 



Comments

Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.

LOCAL

SPORTS

LIFE & GET OUT

LOCAL VIDEO


Contents of this site are © Copyright 2015 The Times, Gainesville, GA. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...